[ExI] Conscilience

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Tue Dec 11 15:16:12 UTC 2007

Keith wrote:
""Selfish gene" is a metaphor. I know Dawkins slightly (he has quoted
me) and read this book back in the late 70 or early 80s.  I think I
read Eric Drexler's copy.

I think you should try for a deeper level of understanding of this
background material."

My understanding is not attached to any memes/metaphor or otherwise.
But metaphorically speaking, we are all forms of energy in synergetic
interactions without which there's no energy to think rationally.
Written laws of physics are theoretically working in connection with
chemistry, mathematics and genetic technology of which I'm not an
expert in such disciplinary fields. Do you have to be a rocket
scientist to understand the basic forms of energy?

Terry