[ExI] EP and morality was Appropriate Technology

hkhenson hkhenson at rogers.com
Tue Dec 11 18:06:05 UTC 2007

At 07:46 AM 12/11/2007, Terry wrote:

snip (Agree that education is a good thing)

>The issue with morality as an ideal/utopian dream cannot be resolved
>with irrationality. Morality cannot be legislated or genetically
>programmed but a rational education is just a tip of the iceberg so to
>speak.

Is a sense of morality and moral behavior a widespread psychological
trait in human populations?

If you answer yes (and it is hard to imagine any other answer) then
this psychological trait was either directly selected (keeping in
mind inclusive fitness) or is it a side effect of something else that
was selected.

Can you make a case for morality being genetic?  (I can from
dogs.)  Can you imagine a reasonable origin for the trait(s) in stone
age populations?

Keith