[ExI] Morality is tied with Meta beliefs

Stefan Pernar stefan.pernar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 05:18:53 UTC 2007

On 12/14/07, citta437 at aol.com <citta437 at aol.com> wrote:

> Me: In the contrary morality is not supported by reason/rationality. It
> arise from fear of the unknown-what may happen if the code or rules of
> conduct is broken. Fear of punishment/suffering or hope for a reward as
> a reason to live well according to rules. Fear obstructs
> reason/rationality to see reality as it is. Seeing the nature of
> reality without evidence or proof but merely based on metaphysical
> beliefs is imagination/fantasy.

Moral behavior is the realization that existence is preferable over non
existence and that the larger the group one belongs to the better one's own
existence can be ensured. I replied to an earlier mail of yours with a link
to a paper arguing this in more depths. If I had seen your statement here
earlier I would  have replied to you here with teh link...