[ExI] simulation

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 17:17:17 UTC 2007

On Saturday 15 December 2007, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> To be blunt, this kills it dead. You need to use very large scale
> distributed resources correctly, orelse you're wasting their
> strenghts.

And what if we build our own fiber optics to connect the nodes together?

> > we could do such a project. It might be possible to have a
> > self-replicating factory that builds computational nodes for this
> > very
>
> Whoa, whoa, whoa. Once we have these, then we're right in the
> middle of that Singularity already. Self-rep is hard, and it's
> mostly a control issue on macroscale, and a bootstrap issue on
> nanoscale. We can't do either yet.

I wonder why I said we need self-rep, all we need is the ability to make
the factories and then let them churn out the cpu nodes. Might take a
while for them to make enough nodes, operating at peak efficiency, but
at least we'd be on track.

- Bryan