[ExI] Morality is tied with Meta beliefs

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 15:57:25 UTC 2007

On Dec 15, 2007 11:45 PM, Kevin H <kevin.l.holmes at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/13/07, Stefan Pernar <stefan.pernar at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >  Moral behavior is the realization that existence is preferable over non
> > existence
> >

> Preferable according to whom?

Good question. And in what circumstances? I think counter-examples abound in
most actual ethical systems.

I think in 2007 we should stop the quest for the philosopher stone of a
single postulate, or a small set thereof, that be more or less self-evident
and shared by anybody, on which all the ethical and political constructions
could be construed "geometically"; and accept instead that value choices are
fundamentally primordial, so that what remains for the rational thought is
to unveil their genealogy and internal consistency and practical
consequences, to allow for a better informed choice.

Stefano Vaj