[ExI] Singularity as a complex adaptive system - What does the environment look like?

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Sun Dec 16 20:29:23 UTC 2007

At 11:13 AM 12/16/2007, you wrote:
>On Sunday 16 December 2007, Natasha Vita-More wrote:
> > If you were to design an environment which includes NBIC advances as
> > they affect posthumanism, transhumanism, cyborgs, transhumans,
> > posthumans, as contingent and overlapping spheres, what would it look
> > like?
>
>My first guess would be that it would look like today's cybernetic
>environment, except with many more nodes, twists and turns and many
>more energetic structures, all contributing in an ecological entropy
>maximization process via the creation of more information and more data
>structures, tools to process data and subjective intrepretations of the
>values. If the singularity is a complex system, then it would be
>recursively revising itself and exploring near and far possibility
>space. Is this what you are looking for?

Could be. Please read my response to "x".  And then let's revisit
your question.

Natasha

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha<http://www.natasha.cc/> Vita-More
PhD Candidate,  Planetary Collegium - CAiiA, situated in the Faculty
of Technology,
School of Computing, Communications and Electronics,
University of Plymouth, UK
<http://www.transhumanist.biz/>Transhumanist Arts & Culture
<http://extropy.org/>Thinking About the <http://extropy.org/>Future

If you draw a circle in the sand and study only what's inside the
circle, then that is a closed-system perspective. If you study what
is inside the circle and everything outside the circle, then that is
an open system perspective. - Buckminster Fuller