[ExI] simulation

Gary Miller aiguy at comcast.net
Sun Dec 16 22:14:39 UTC 2007

The latency limitation is the speed of light limitation of how long it takes
information to move between each node in a network of processing units which
makes up the theorized mbrain, jbrain, orbiting processor clusters.  If the
nodes are to function as a large distributed computer then the latency would
form a processing bottleneck.

If quantum entanglement could allow information to pass instantaneously
without regard to light speed between nodes then there would be zero latency
and latency would cease to be a bottleneck.  As long as two nodes could
shared a sufficient mass of entangled photons the hope would be that they
would serve as a instantaneous communication channel.

I have found papers attempting to disprove and prove the possibility and the
equations are beyond the level of effort necessary for me to be sufficiently
motivated to understand them.  If it is possible though, I do not see it as
a violation of the speed of light since the information is not traveling
between the two particles.  The particles being entangled are like the same
particle appearing at two points in space simultaneously. If the information
is moving between particles it is not moving through our space but taking a
direct route through an alternate dimension.

Gary

Not sure I know what a 'latency limitation' is, but there are dreams about a
possible instantaneous quantum computation, using teleportation
http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0109022
or other 'tenseless' tricks
http://arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0205182