[ExI] The quest, a conscilience: re: Mechanical Mind

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 10:22:46 UTC 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 4:31 AM, Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:

> On Dec 15, 2007, at 6:35 AM, citta437 at aol.com wrote:
>
> > The philosophical question is why is it that the brain is genetically
> > wired for self-preservation?
>
> Hmm.  You are asking why there is survival value in acting and wanting
> to act to survive?

Easy question. Because "survivalists" tend to perform better demographically
(anti-survival memes, even though not genes, can occasionally spread faster
than they adversely affect their bearers, but this does not disprove the
general principle), and so they are by definition largely predominant in any
vegetal or animal species, including our own.

Stefano Vaj