[ExI] simulation

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Dec 17 11:16:25 UTC 2007

On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 06:05:57AM -0500, Gary Miller wrote:

> Wikipedia does say that in their article on Quantum Cryptography in the
> second protocol method they describe that the Keys are transmitted as
> quantum information.  And that the receiver can deduce their key with above

QC (which is fine cryptographic snake oil, but I digress) does indeed
use entangled pairs, which indeed transfer information effectively instanteously.

But, to tell it from random noise, the measurements need to be correlated
by means of a classical, relativistic channel. If you don't have that
channel, you could be observing a random number generator. There would
be no means of extracting that information. Einstein still reigns supreme.