[ExI] $25,000 Matching Grant Fund Drive

James Clement clementlawyer at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 19 00:43:21 UTC 2007

Dear Extropians;

I know many of you are already members of the WTA and some of you have
already made a contribution to the new $25,000 Matching Grant Fund Drive
we've initiated, but for those who haven't yet joined, now's the time to do
so and to help our organization really grow!

Bill Faloon of Life Extension Foundation and Brian Cartmell of Cartmell
Holdings, LLC, have generously offered to help us kick off our first
fundraising event by matching your donations up to $25,000 until January 31,
2008.

We need 250 members to give $100 each, so your donations can be doubled.
This is a unique opportunity we cannot afford to miss!

This money will fund three projects necessary for the WTA's survival against
a well-funded, organized, and vocal opposition. We intend to spread our
memes through:

1) H+ Quarterly Digital Magazine

Featuring stories, interviews, news, and an events calendar, to be edited by
the visionary journalist R.U. Sirius. It will be a fresh, fun and powerful
medium for presenting all of our ideas to our membership and the general
public.

2) Website Redesign, Logo and Branding

A desperately needed "extreme makeover" to get our ideas out there!

3) Student Outreach Road Show

Organize a one-day event at a top university to trial-run this concept, for
educational exploration and membership growth.

Through members' generous efforts, we will be offering a special H+ T-shirt
for each $100 donation, and autographed copies of Citizen Cyborg, Ending
Aging, or The Singularity is Near for $250 donations.

I know that this time of year you receive many requests for donations. But
this is the first time the WTA has asked for this kind of support from our
members. We need you now. Please help.

To make these projects a reality, make your secure donation at our website,
www.transhumanism.org/match.

You may also send a check to WTA, PO Box 128, Willington, CT 06279.

The World Transhumanist Association is a 501(c)(3) organization and your
contribution will be tax- deductible to the extent allowed by law.

Help Transhumanism grow!!

Sincerely,

James Clement
Executive Director
World Transhumanist Association

P.S. Please forward this to your family, friends and like-minded associates.
We need their help, too!