[ExI] $25,000 Matching Grant Fund Drive

x at extropica.org x at extropica.org
Wed Dec 19 02:20:31 UTC 2007

On 12/18/07, James Clement <clementlawyer at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Extropians;
>
> I know many of you are already members of the WTA and some of you have
> already made a contribution to the new $25,000 Matching Grant Fund Drive
> we've initiated, but for those who haven't yet joined, now's the time to do
> so and to help our organization really grow!

I'll speak up here to say that I contributed a few days ago to the WTA
Matching Grant Fund, while I've refused on the basis of principle
every year until now.

I see real change already happening with James Clement as executive
director, and I see the potential for more positive change with others
who are poised to join the board.

I figure my $100 (possibly matched) can make a positive statement this
year.  And if I don't see improvements as expected, I can make another
positive statement by **not** contributing next year.

I know many of us here are passionate supporters of transhumanist and
extropian values, and this is a chance to do a bit more than talk.
Get involved, please.