[ExI] Qualla/Consciousness

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Wed Dec 19 15:26:07 UTC 2007

"I am somewhat disturbed to find myself agreeing with John Searle
on this point. I say disturbed because the man decisively proved in
his famous Chinese Room thought experiment that John Searle is
not a very smart man."
 John K Clark
_____________

The Chinese room experiment did not show the role of insight in the
brain. MRI is accurate in brain mapping the regions where there is
increased blood flow but to correlate that consciousness depends on
increased blood flow is missing the point.

Raw feelings of aversion or feelings of pleasures requires an increase
blood flow/energy which is necessary for the flight or fight response.
There is a gap between the lower form of consciousness found in the
lower region of the brain/amygdala and the neocortex. It takes time for
insight to arise from the immature brain.

The feelings of being disturbed is caused by the increased hormonal
flow inside the circulating blood that supplies the brain. Our hormones
like testosterone, adrenaline and dopamine decreases slowly in time
depending how the brain gets addicted to sensual stimuli.

Google on the physiology of the brain.

Terry