[ExI] Qualia/consciousness

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Sat Dec 22 14:54:26 UTC 2007

"The sympathetic nervous system does contain neurons, but what does
that have to do with neurons in the brain, whether they feel pain, and
consciousness?"
Stathis
_________

Good question. I suggest a link "Inside our Mind" or google the
organization of the brain.

As far as I know the peripheral nervous system contains a system of
nerve fibers enervating the muscles and skin and other organs except
the brain starting from ganglionic fibers at the thoracic region of the
spinal cord which contain microtubules/filaments that act like a
quantum computer where chemical interactions occur.

In the brain some chemical interactions occur between neurons in spaces
called synapses found only in the brain not in the spinal cord.
When you are given a spinal anesthesia, you are awake but has no motor
functions and feelings of pain from the waist down. In general
anesthesia you are totally asleep, no consciousness, no motor function
and no feelings either. This processes show how the chemistry and
physiology of the brain contibute to consciousness.

Terry