[ExI] Qualia/consciousness

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Sun Dec 23 19:23:35 UTC 2007

"Mmhhh. Why neurons and not liver cells? Or eritrocites? Or dust
particles, for that matter?

And how comes that brains are unable to perform quantum computations at
all?

Stefano Vaj
____________

Specialized system require special functions i.e. liver cells are
specialized to metabolized food and other chemicals enteriing the body.
Erythrocytes are red blood cells carrying oxygen atoms attached to the
iron content in the blood. They do what they do sans consciousness,
memories, memes and feelings. Dust and rocks are solid forms of
potential energy containing elements found in nature.

Organic and inorganic compounds coalesce in time/our brain but not as
fast as a computer. As far as I know consciousness depends on so many
random processes of cognition and interference.

Terry