[ExI] Re-framing Innovation re Consciousness

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Sat Dec 29 16:54:51 UTC 2007

At 06:42 PM 12/28/2007, you wrote:
>On Friday 28 December 2007, nvitamore at austin.rr.com wrote:
> > How would you reframe the concept of innovation in its relationship
> > to progress and change within the context of perception and its
> > transformation?
>
>How is it usually framed?

Usually innovation is framed in the domains of business and marketing.

> > 1. reframing role of risk
> >     a.  for catalytic action to push through boundaries of risk
> >     b.  for catalytic action to maintain and further boundaries of
> > risk
>
>What is risk in extropic terms?

Good question.

Interestingly enough I was reading about the diffusion of innovation
theory, visual masking, "Real AI" (Goertzel and Pennachin) and notes
from the Singularity Summit 07.  I have not put all this together yet
because I was distracted by thinking about all the consciousness
discussions and conferences are fine and all, but why isn't someone
producing a Tiesto rave in the sky hovering over the war-zones of the world.

Natasha