[extropy-chat] [wta-talk] Fwd: Keith [Henson] Taken into Custody

B.K. DeLong bkdelong at pobox.com
Sat Feb 3 18:51:35 UTC 2007

I can write a press release. However I'm about to head out for a few
hours. Should be back around 5pm ET. Joint releases work best. So if
the EI is officially supporting the Legal Fund then they should put
out a release talking about the issue and centered around the legal
fund with a boilerplate for both the EI and Keith Henson.

BTW, we should identify a single person to be the media point-person
for Keith. Arel should be the one to accept that person and while many
of you, (I'm just a back-end person here), can speak on the issue,
that single point person should play the "dispatcher" so to speak.
Maybe we create a VOIP VM box with a phone number that acts as the
press number and create a single email alias that forwards to a group
of us would be good to pass around. Also, we can send email
notifications of new VMs from the VOIP box to that address as well.

It will certainly prevent a lot of confusion.

On 2/3/07, Jay Dugger <jay.dugger at gmail.com> wrote:
> 12:34 Saturday, 3 February 2007
>
> I've just made the first post to "Free Keith Henson." Group author
> invitations have gone out. If you want one, just ask. We still need
> details of the arrest for local media. We had best have the honest and
> complete facts beforehand.
>
> Who knows how to write a press release? Like it or not, many people do
> not read BoingBoing, and the media need a "viable news product" before
> they devote attention and resources to it.
>
> I will be away for the next few hours. I just returned from eleven
> days out of the country, and have accumulated errands to run.
>
> --
> Jay Dugger
> http://jaydugger.suprglu.com
> Sometimes the delete key serves best.

B.K. DeLong (K3GRN)
bkdelong at pobox.com
+1.617.797.8471

http://www.wkdelong.org                    Son.
http://www.ianetsec.com                    Work.
http://www.bostonredcross.org             Volunteer.
http://www.carolingia.eastkingdom.org   Service.
http://bkdelong.livejournal.com             Play.

PGP Fingerprint:
38D4 D4D4 5819 8667 DFD5  A62D AF61 15FF 297D 67FE

FOAF:
http://foaf.brain-stream.org