[extropy-chat] Boltzmann Brains

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 14:18:49 UTC 2007

On 2/22/07, Russell Wallace <russell.wallace at gmail.com> wrote:

> The theory presented in the linked article doesn't sound right to me, and
> here's why: They predict the half-life of the universe to vacuum decay is
> not much greater than the current age of the universe.

I only glanced at the article briefly so I'm not sure if it says this or
not.   The Five Ages of the Universe (Adams & Laughlin) doesn't say much
about the vacuum decay but its time scale for how long the Universe will
last is *much*, **much** longer than the current age of the Universe.  I'd
vote that they should spend a few semesters at the"Anders School of Magic"
and then see what kind of conclusions they would offer.

Robert