[extropy-chat] Multi Homing?

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at comcast.net
Sat Feb 24 23:25:39 UTC 2007

Eugene,

Did you by any chance follow the thread a few months ago on Exi-chat
about the wiki like Canonizer project (Handles multiple POV information)
I'm working on?

The primary reason I want multi homing is so I can set up the Canonizer
so it is more reliable and capable.

As per the Canonizer LLC methodology of making design decisions and so
on (see http://test.canonizer.com/topic.asp?topic_num=10) I've created a
topic in the Canonizer to help with the decision of how to set up the
networking.  You can find this here:

http://test.canonizer.com/topic.asp?topic_num=14

This is the "Agreement Statement" of the topic where the problem and
goals are specified.

In the second section are listed 4 POV statements on this topic
containing the 4 different design possibilities I know of so far.

As you can see the "Custom Assembled Hub" is an initial stab of mine
representing the design you suggested, and you are credited as such there.

But I'm still currently thinking the "Multi WAN single computer"
solution might work better for me?

I'd love to hear what you think of what I have so far.  Do any of these
statements adequately represent your "camp" about what is best for the
Canonizer?  And remember, though this is a test/developement prototype,
these are all wiki like pages so feel free to edit any of them.  And
remember to record any time you spend on this so I can get you proper
credit for it. (see http://test.canonizer.com/topic.asp?topic_num=4)  I
figure you already have spent at lest 30 minutes (half a share of
Canonizer LLC) on this just in your previous very educational e-mails right?

And what do you think the chances are that Canonizer LLC might some day
be big enough to buy out Google?
What do you think half a share of Canonizer LLC will be eventually worth
if so?
I'd love to hear your thoughts on all this also as I am looking for lots
of help getting this kick started if your interested.

Upward,

Brent