[extropy-chat] Tomb of Jesus?

Gina Miller nanogirl at halcyon.com
Tue Feb 27 03:50:18 UTC 2007

The documentary "The Lost Tomb of Jesus" directed by James Cameron (Titanic, Terminator 2, Point Break, Rambo 2, Aliens etc. more info on his work here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000116/ ) will be airing on the Discovery Channel on Sunday March 4th, 9pm ET/PT. The show Link: http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/tomb/tomb.html
The official film link:
http://www.jesusfamilytomb.com/movie_overview.html
The movie investigates a burial site that contains the names (and I'm using the English interpretations here) "Jesus son of Joseph", "Mary", "Mathew", the nickname for Joseph "Yose (original), "Mariamne" (Greek Mary), and the translated version of "Judah, son of Jesus".
So if we were to assume and compare, Jesus, Mary Magdalen, Mathew (disciple, or relative of Jesus' mother), Joseph (Jesus' brother), Mary (his mother, or another Mary documented as an associate), and then, Judah (a son? interesting). Wouldn't it also be something if Jesus named his son after the one who turned him in?
The other major point here would be, that if it was the "holy family", this would mean that Jesus was buried here on earth, when he was supposed to have risen and then ascended to the heavens. Fascinating, who knows how it will turn out, but apparently there has been some DNA work done and they determined that one of the Mary's in the tomb was not related to the Jesus in the tomb (like a wife wouldn't be). But no other dna work was mentioned. I don't know how much they cover in the film but I can't wait to see it! Hopefully the movie will generate some needed funds that the director (tonight on Larry King) said would be required to do further testing. This would tell us more about the tomb. Now even if it is true, and we don't know that yet, the movie makers say that they are just providing the facts, the news reporters have been saying that if it is Jesus, it would "shake the foundation that Christianity is based on" but I'm not sure about that, it might very well wind up being a "test of faith" or something along those lines. We have plenty of examples of that, but I am very curious to see how this transpires. Check the 24/7 news channels for the coverage.

Kind regards,

Gina "Nanogirl" Miller
Nanotechnology Industries
http://www.nanoindustries.com
Personal: http://www.nanogirl.com/index2.html
Animation Blog: http://maxanimation.blogspot.com/
Craft blog: http://nanogirlblog.blogspot.com/
Foresight Senior Associate http://www.foresight.org
Nanotechnology Advisor Extropy Institute  http://www.extropy.org
Email: nanogirl at halcyon.com
"Nanotechnology: Solutions for the future."