[extropy-chat] The reverse Turing Test

Alex Ramonsky alex at ramonsky.com
Tue Feb 27 16:44:26 UTC 2007

This seems only one step away from 'front loaders' -persons who use
their brain in a similar manner to google, remembering and regurgitating
endless facts, figures and quotes on a subject but not actually
understanding any of it. When a person tries to discuss the subject, or
sometimes even just to converse, more facts and figures are parrotted
out in tones that imply they're just not smart enough to understand. A
lot of the time this seems to be what passes for 'knowledge'  in western
cultures. Such characters do not seem to possess a sense of humor that
we are aware of, so that could be one way to test. -But surely a reverse
Turing test is a Gnirut?
Best,
AR
*********