[extropy-chat] Tomb of Jesus?

Gina Miller nanogirl at halcyon.com
Wed Feb 28 00:34:15 UTC 2007

Yes the names are common, and when asked about this, the response from the director of the movie (on the CNN channel) was that statisticians were given the data, and when you add a person who is born to a father with a specific name, the number drops, when you add a brother, it drops even further, when you add a mother, it is not so common, resulting in the statistics of 600 to 1 that this would the family. That's not too shabby, considering that in current day DNA testing, if your number is 1 in 200 they consider you related.
Now I'm not saying they are right or wrong, I don't know that (I don't even know if that can be proven) and I haven't seen the movie yet, but if there was any question about this particular burial site with today's modern technology they might be able to exclude or validate the artifacts (if there is something to validate) in ways that technology wouldn't previously have allowed. In 1980 DNA technology was not what it is now.
I was looking around on Youtube and found a youtuber who comments on the names and the swayed reporting of the Fox news channel in which the reporter says "and lets not forget that hundreds of witnesses who saw Jesus rise from the dead" and they also only have one guest on the show and there for one side: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbqEQLt3VOY
They also comment that they were not rich, but there were a lot of followers who might have been able to provide such burial arrangements.
Here is the link to Larry King (will open a pop up window from CNN that will play the video) this has the director (and two sides):
http://www.emailthis.clickability.com/et/emailThis?clickMap=viewThis&etMailToID=1404036137

NBC (via You Tube): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh1kE6ZGheI

Wikipedia tombs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alleged_tomb_of_Jesus

Gina "Nanogirl" Miller
Nanotechnology Industries
http://www.nanoindustries.com
Personal: http://www.nanogirl.com/index2.html
Animation Blog: http://maxanimation.blogspot.com/
Craft blog: http://nanogirlblog.blogspot.com/
Foresight Senior Associate http://www.foresight.org
Nanotechnology Advisor Extropy Institute  http://www.extropy.org
Email: nanogirl at halcyon.com
"Nanotechnology: Solutions for the future."