[ExI] Resignation as WTA Executive Director

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 17:01:31 UTC 2007

I have just offered my resignation as Executive Director of the WTA,
for the reasons stated in my letter to the Board pasted below. I will
stay on the Board.

G.

Friends,

I have made the decision to resign as Executive Director, effective immediately.

There are two main reasons:

1) My business is, slowly and painfully but steadily, beginning to
take off. Achieving this has demanded nearly all my time and energy in
the last few months, and I have been unable to dedicate sufficient
time and energy to the WTA. I have often said to myself "next week",
but work and financial pressures are increasing and, realistically, I
do not think this may change before the end of the year at least.

2) I do have opinions, and at times strong opinions, about some of the
issues frequently discussed on the public lists. It has been suggested
that the Executive Director should be above the parts and refrain from
supporting one or the other side in a public debate, since his words
could be constructed as official positions of the WTA. I basically
agree with this interpretation, and I do not intend to refrain from
expressing my ideas and opinions. Therefore, this is the only possible
course of action.

I will, of course, stay on the Board and try to do my best.