[ExI] Article - robot thinks it's a rodent...

Neil Halelamien neilh at caltech.edu
Sun Jul 8 23:33:34 UTC 2007

Having a localization algorithm based on place fields isn't quite the same
as "thinking like a rodent."

That said, I wonder what's so novel about this research that's been
responsible for it has been getting so much press recently... It's not like
it's the first time somebody's used place fields for robot navigation:

http://www.ri.cmu.edu/pubs/pub_1873.html
http://biology.plosjournals.org/perlserv/?request=get-document&doi=10.1371/journal.pbio.0040120