[ExI] Neuroscience Question

A B austriaaugust at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 8 23:04:12 UTC 2007

I have a geeky question. Do the neurons of different
major reasons of the brain differ significantly in
physical structure? For example, do temporal lobe
neurons have a significantly different cellular
anatomy than neurons in the cerebellum? Or are the
anatomies not significantly different? If I'm not
mistaken, different regions are dominated by the
activities of different neurotransmitters, but is that
the only significant difference? Or are the various
high-level functionalities (eg. vision, memory,
motor-function) different and discrete precisely
because of their *order* within the final
meta-algorithm that is the complete mind?

Jeffrey Herrlich