[ExI] Regulation vs. Freedom

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Sun Jul 15 17:59:09 UTC 2007

>> > ...One woman acquaintance of mine insists not only that everyone in the
>> > household recycle all plastic bottles, but that they all be *washed* before
>> > being left for the recyclers.

In our household all recylable food containers are washed. Reason: collection is
only once per week.  In some areas of town it is only once every *two* weeks. (think
bugs, rodents, smell)

And why do we recycle? Mainly because we are *fined* if there is not a recyle
container out once per month...  at least that is the threat. I do not actually
believe that the trash collectors are really keeping track of when we put out those
blue bags of cans and bottles. However, I've been wrong before! ;)

Regards,
MB