[ExI] Bad Epistemology?

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Tue Jul 17 02:24:36 UTC 2007

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for forwarding my questions to and discussing them with
your friend. I think his and your points quite telling, and helpful.

I admit to trying to focus as hard as I can on this book to the
exclusion of some other quite relevant material (e.g. scerir's
pointers). So I can't do more right now than carefully read
what you've written. Also, thanks for reading my questions
in the most positive light you could, given their awkward and
apparently self-contradictory claims concerning what an "object" is.

(I'm trying out the idea---while reading the book---that a
"thing" is a Kantian primitive, or a ding-an-sich, or some
damn stuff "out there", while an *object* may be should
be considered some kind of construct.  Just trying these
ideas out.  Trying to make sense of the book.   :-)

Lee

(P.S.  I take the liberty of quoting your entire message
below because I don't have time to edit it right now
and think quite highly of the whole thing.)

P.P.S.  The modesty of your friend

>> > So... do you think that resolves anything?  Or have I just managed to
>> > restate already known facts while mucking up his original arguments?

is both charming and polite!  Sounds like a great guy.