[ExI] walking bees

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 1 19:34:25 UTC 2007

What just happened is really weird.  I had just finished posting about sick
bees and was going to go out to finish my interrupted walk, when I noticed a
bee half flying, mostly running into things in my kitchen.  I assumed my
previously collected specimen had revived and flown, since I had removed the
lid to peer at her.  I captured the kitchen bee to return her to the jar and
found the original bee still there, dead as ever.

The second bee is very much alive, but wasn't really flying.  She appears
distressed.  So I guess I now count her as distressed bee number six.

I collected her at 1225, so we will see if she expires soon.

Here's a more recent article than the previous two:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/05/070511210207.htm

spike