[ExI] a doubt concerning the h+ future

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Sun Jun 3 19:07:11 UTC 2007

On Jun 3, 2007, at 10:23 AM, John K Clark wrote:

> Stathis Papaioannou Wrote:
>
>> There are vastly fewer copies of me typing in which the keyboard
>> turns
>> into a teapot than there are copies of me typing in which the
>> keyboard
>> stays a keyboard
>
> If there are indeed an infinite, and not just very large, number of
> universes and if the probability of your keyboard turning into a
> teapot is
> greater than zero (and it is) then what you say is incorrect, there
> is an
> equal number of both things happening.

This is getting incredibly silly.  There is nothing in science or
physics that will allow one macro object to spontaneously turn into a
totally different macro object.   And what is the value of these
rarefied discussions of the oh so modern version of how many angels
can dance on the head of a pin anyway?

BTW, the number of angels that can dance on the head of a pin is the
number of such beings as actually exist with the desire to do so.  :-)

- samantha