[ExI] This would almost qualify as hilarious ... if only itweren't true

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 13 04:34:26 UTC 2007

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of J. Andrew Rogers
> Subject: Re: [ExI] This would almost qualify as hilarious ... if only
> itweren't true
>

> On Jun 11, 2007, at 11:55 PM, Eugen Leitl wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 08:41:06PM -0700, J. Andrew Rogers wrote:
> >
> >> A lot of non-lethal chemical weapons research dating back to at least
> >> the 1960s is based on mechanisms of temporary radical behavior
> >
> > In theory it's a good idea, but in practice dosing each individual
> > person more or less within therapeutic bandwidth (the span between
> > first effects and toxicity) is not possible. You either get no
> > effect or lots of dead bodies...

> Behavior modifying weaponry will be here eventually.  They are
> nothing if not tenacious. J. Andrew Rogers

There was a substance we discussed here a year ago that had a first effects
to lethal dosage ratio that was several orders of magnitude as I recall.
What was that stuff called?  LDS?  LSD?  Ja, I think it was it.  A little
makes one groovy, but it's nearly impossible to get a lethal overdose.  Why
not make a non-lethal deterrent from that stuff?