[ExI] This would almost qualify as hilarious ... if only itweren't true

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Jun 13 08:29:46 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 09:34:26PM -0700, spike wrote:

> There was a substance we discussed here a year ago that had a first effects
> to lethal dosage ratio that was several orders of magnitude as I recall.
> What was that stuff called?  LDS?  LSD?  Ja, I think it was it.  A little

This has been tried, of course
http://www.erowid.org/library/review/review.php?p=226

> makes one groovy, but it's nearly impossible to get a lethal overdose.  Why

A weapon is not just an agent, weaponizing requires a vehicle and delivery
methods. Typically it's inhalable aerosol or macroscopic droplets, absorbed
through skin. When we're talking effective dosages of few ug (even so you
have to spray many, many tons if you want area denial), deployed against
people of diverse physique and biochemistry, location, and degree of protection
you need wildly varying dosages, from few ug to g, or kg, in case of protected
personnel.

No agent has a therapeutic bandwidth that large.