[ExI] RIP Singularitarianism

A B austriaaugust at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 20 14:20:38 UTC 2007

Eugen Leitl wrote:

> "People who make actual progress don't have time to
> read this list.
> I mean this literally, if you're on a project, you
> just don't have time
> and focus for this."

Fa Sho! I would really like to individually contribute
to saving the world, but I don't have the skills or
position to do much of anything by myself, in that
regard. That's why I contribute to SIAI, and will
continue to do so. But I do think that there is some
value in having these discussions. Sure, 9 out of 10
suggested strategies for avoiding disaster won't be
helpful at all. But if it wasn't for the
transhumanists making suggestions and offering ideas,
who else would be doing it?

**As an aside, I apologize for calling John Clark a
coward. That was inappropriate, and I regret saying
it.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Herrlich