[ExI] agency-based personal identity

A B austriaaugust at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 17:12:56 UTC 2007

Jef wrote:

> "As a somewhat related aside:
> On a list where rationality is an overt high value,
> I find it somewhat
> unnecessary and distracting when social niceties are
> appended to a
> post (as Jeffrey seems to be doing lately.)  While I
> don't subscribe
> to the opposite extreme of "Crocker's Rules", I tend
> to take
> intelligence, mutual respect and good humor for
> granted, not needing
> ongoing reinforcement and reassurance."...
> - Jef

Guilty as charged, I suppose. But sometimes it really
is difficult to gauge how my comments will affect
people. And I'm not always entirely "myself", so
sometimes I feel the need to apologize or clarify for
something I've written. It's probably a character flaw
within myself, but I usually can't help it (at least
not yet - bring on the nanobots).

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Herrlich