[extropy-chat] Precognition on TV.

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 23:29:30 UTC 2007

On 3/18/07, Sondre Bjellås <sondre.bjellas at intellifield.no> wrote:

I'm having a hard time figuring out the evolutionary basis for remote
> viewing (or other weird abilities that some people claim to possess). I
> can't see how it improves the survival or reproduction ability of humans.

On the contrary, anyone who had ESP would be like the only sighted man in
the kingdom of the blind, and would enjoy enormous advantage. We should
expect that such abilities would become at least as well developed as other
senses through the process of evolutionary competition. We wouldn't be
sitting around debating whether ESP exists because it would be completely
obvious and commonplace. The fact that evolution does not seem to have taken
this path should tell us something.

Stathis Papaioannou