[extropy-chat] Precognition

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sat Mar 17 23:52:54 UTC 2007

>We wouldn't be sitting around debating whether ESP exists because it
>would be completely obvious and commonplace. The fact that evolution
>does not seem to have taken this path should tell us something.

Yes, this also explains why very fleet-footed predators never
evolved. Their prey would never be able to escape them, and would all
be swiftly eaten, and the predators would perish. It also accounts
for the absence of flight among living creatures, since they would be
able to avoid all predators and would immediately perish in a
terrible population explosion that obliterated their food supplies.
Luckily, there are no feedback processes in evolution, or who knows
what weird things we'd find emerging from our ponds!

Damien Broderick