[extropy-chat] Defenestration [sic] was (Defenestration)

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Mon Mar 19 11:08:16 UTC 2007

Keith writes

> [Lee wrote]
>
>>Would someone please tell me what is going on with the
>>subject line of this thread?  Perhaps I missed a crucial post.
>
> It was the classical way to get rid of a dictator.

Okay.  For those as clueless as I, see the wikipedia entry
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defenestration

I do hope that no one is using this term simply as a substitute
for deposing a dictator in general.  It's meaning ought to remain
specific to literally getting rid of one by throwing him or her
out of a window or orifice and letting gravity do whatever
dirty work remains.

Lee