[ExI] [extropy-chat] META: "Killthread": Is it censorship or sensible?

A B austriaaugust at yahoo.com
Wed May 2 18:14:44 UTC 2007

Following Brett's post to the list, he wrote me
off-list, and we've had a few conversations since.
Yes, in my opinion, Brett got quite carried away with
his emotions because he felt passionately about the
subject matter. But, let's not make more of this than
it warrants. Brett is not the devil. He had a moment
of poor judgment (IMO) fueled by his emotions. It's
happened to me too, although perhaps not quite to that
degree. We all have flaws. I suspect it was an empty
threat, intended only to add emphasis to his
disapproval. Regarding the killthread itself: If it
had been me, I probably wouldn't have killthreaded it,
at least not at that point. But that is both
irrelevant *and* beside the point, since I am neither
Eugen or a list moderator.

Best Wishes,

Jeffrey Herrlich