[ExI] How to be copied into the future?

Heartland velvethum at hotmail.com
Thu May 3 15:38:28 UTC 2007

Lee:
>> Would not Heartland instantly agree that each second he loses and gains
>> billions of atoms?

John K Clark:
> Ask him. I'm the one who first brought up that point but I never got a
> coherent response from him over it.

If Lee had asked me this question 10 years ago, 2 years ago or a week ago the
answer would have still been the same -- "Yes, I would."

Lee:
>> BUT  ISN'T  IT  PATENTLY  WRONG  TO  KEEP
> ON  SAYING  THAT  FOR  HIM  IT'S  ALL  ABOUT  ATOMS??

John K Clark:
> No it is not. For well over a year we exchanged post after post with him
> talking about space time trajectories of atoms and Bose Einstein
> Condensations trying to convene me that atoms are unique and they somehow
> confer that property to human beings.

Nope. I never attempted to "convene" anyone in my life, I swear. :) And if I had
attempted it, I would have never dared to try to convince the assembled crowd of
something as ridiculous as *that*. Besides, I would have to be crazy to spend "well
over a year" on such a sure-to-be-fruitless pursuit.

For the last time (I have a feeling I'm going to regret this), it's the
trajectories that are unique, not the atoms (possibly being replaced each hour)
traveling along these trajectories. If you're going to insist on calling me
"priest," at least call me a Priest of Verifiably Unique Trajectories. At least get
*that* right. BTW, Leibniz is the equivalent of Christ in our church. Our
equivalent of the Bible? Leibniz's law. :-)

John K Clark:
> On May 9 2006 I listed 11 very specific objections I had to his ideas, he
> never responded.
>
> 1) Mr. Heartland says ....

What followed was a nauseous mix of spin manufactured at the "Zombie Strawman"
factory. Please ignore.