[ExI] Avoiding Coarseness in our Dialogs

Benjamin Goertzel ben at goertzel.org
Fri May 4 17:19:59 UTC 2007

> Tut tut, BillK, you just gotta learn to laugh!  Moreover, let Randall
> clue you into some really great Rap, and soon you can be singin'
> and dancin' away at just how da whores oughtta be cut up and fucked.
> (I, certainly, dare not replace the latter with "------", after all, to
> avoid
> shocking certain sensitive types.)
>
> Lee

BTW Lee, not all hip-hop is violent and/or idiotic.

Most of it is, but then as Theodore Sturgeon famously said, 95% of
anything is bullshit.

It's not my favorite style of music, but condemning a genre of music
based on its worst examples is sorta like condemning all orchestral
music based on elevator Muzak

E.g. buy some CD's by the Roots, that's a fairly intelligent hip-hop band,
and
they actually play real instruments ;-)

-- Ben G