[ExI] I'll Drink to That!

Olga Bourlin fauxever at sprynet.com
Sat May 12 23:14:33 UTC 2007

From: "Lee Corbin" <lcorbin at rawbw.com>
To: "ExI chat list" <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2007 2:18 PM

> Ahem---now *clearly* Starbucks can *never* go the Salman Rushdie route,
> and I could easily think of ten things---all of them discussed here---that
> also could *never* go on a Starbucks Cup.

Oh, I agree - I can think of a few things myself.  White privilege, for
instance ... it's one of the biggies IMO. Observe how not all that long ago
this - see link below - was considered a "milestone" (yes, Ron Brown was the
little boy in the ad ... Clinton't Ron Brown - the very same):

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/06/business/06boyd.html?ex=1179028800&en=e98e3b0fbf4185c0&ei=5099&partner=TOPIXNEWS

However, there are other things, too - and, yes, "all of them discussed
here," as you say ... I completely agree with that.

Olga