[ExI] Unfriendly AI is a mistaken idea

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Sun May 27 15:34:33 UTC 2007

Russell Wallace Wrote:

>  Tools are neither friendly nor unfriendly

Brent wanted a one line summery so here is mine:

If we do not become our tools our tools will go on without us.

>  Friendliness and unfriendliness are properties of self-willed agents

So I take it that you have changed your mind and concede that a friendly AI
is self willed. By the way, just how self willed are you? If you couldn't
see or hear or feel or taste or smell would you be motivated to do much of
anything? Would you even know what there is to do?

  John K Clark