[ExI] Beowulf

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Nov 22 06:02:16 UTC 2007

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of hkhenson
> Subject: Re: [ExI] Beowulf
>
> At 08:53 PM 11/21/2007, spike wrote:
>
> snip
>
> >I find Keith's approach to evolutionary psychology very encouraging;
> >...Peace thru more and better stuff.
>
> It's not that simple...
>
> So no matter how much stuff we have, any prospects of less stuff next
> year will set off the mechanisms leading to wars.
>
> Keith

Ja, that is how I understood it.  But unlike all other approaches to world
peace I have ever seen, including pacifism, religion, MAD, etc, the notion
that we could continuously produce more and better stuff indefinitely seems
downright achievable.  Achievable is an understatement, it is foreseeable.