[ExI] Beowulf

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Nov 22 08:12:55 UTC 2007

On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 10:20:51PM -0800, spike wrote:

> On a weird tangent, I wondered this evening how they administer such a
> sentence to a woman in those psychotically uptight middle eastern countries.

We don't have to finance them, you know. For the cost of one war (what?
a mere 20-30 k$/family?) the US could easily become energy-independent.

> Do they apply the lashes with the woman fully clothed?  Or do they have

Um, no.

http://thepeacetrain.org/images/post/misc/071120raped_woman_lashing.jpg

That one went off easy, you could as easily cut through subcutaneous
fat and even to the bone. Lashings were frequently fatal, and a form of
execution.