[ExI] Regarding Wickedness

hkhenson hkhenson at rogers.com
Tue Nov 27 08:37:09 UTC 2007

At 12:12 AM 11/27/2007, you wrote:
>Keith writes
>
> > The problem here is "hatred of evil." We of the west consider it evil
> > to flog a woman for being raped, while fundamental Islamics consider
> > women driving cars to be evil.
>
>Well, so that sounds like it's settled.
>
>Some people think it's okay, and some don't, and that's that.

Not exactly.  I think there is a link between treating women badly
and high population growth.  In the old days before all these neat
force multipliers like machine guns, the group with the higher
population (as a result of growth) would invade and that would be the
end of the low growth neighbors.

Now the number of warriors you have "jumping up and down and yelling
kill, kill!" isn't as important as the folks back home stuffing atoms
in bombs, or growing bio tech weapons. If this is correct, come the
next war, a lot of xxx xxxxx who treated women badly will
die.  Perhaps a billion of them (and the women too).

>(Oddly, there is debate *within* Islam, however.  In one Indian
>village there is disagreement over whether a woman who has
>committed adultery should be publically stoned to death, or
>merely privately strangled.)
>
>Nope, we can't say that this is "evil" because it sounds funny,
>archaic, and self-righteous. Likewise, what they do about
>female adultery cannot be said to be "wicked" or "diabolic".
>So I'm left to say that their actions are reprehensible---but
>how long will it be before even that is perceived to be not
>in truth-mode, and becomes unutterable?
>
>We *must* find ways to in no uncertain terms condemn
>barbarism.  But words desert me, as we've emasculated
>our ability to express outrage.

Sure we can condemn barbarism.  Right up to the point we are attacked
or xenophobic memes have built up as a result of seeing a bleak
future.  Then the gene constructed mechanisms most of us would deny
having take over.  The western Europe genetic stock has a *long*
history of being the best, the most barbaric in wars.  We haven't
lost it. Consider Dresden or how WW II ended. Coupled with extreme
high tech . . . . What conditions would it take (for example) for the
immigrant Islamic populations in Europe to be slaughtered like the
Tutsi?  Don't tell me it can't happen to a minority group in Europe
because *it did.*

>I would like to go back to Keith's posts where he described
>how he was treated in prison. Perhaps it was entirely in truth-
>mode. That's a pity, because the intolerable and unacceptable
>treatment he received needs to be castigated.  But we have
>no words left.

You don't need words.  Consider lead shorts instead.  I posted
conceptual designs I created while locked up that *might* reduced the
technical problems of making "devices" to the point you could get
nuke wars between the Crips and the Bloods.  I am a product of
evolution just like you.  And I am still viciously angry at all the
levels of government that were corrupted by (something I can't
name).  Don't tell me it was a bad idea, you should expect irrational
behavior by people in such a state. The worse case consequences could
be really bad. If they were done by certain groups, those groups
could very well be expunged.

I doubt anyone would want to read such bile, but as a literary device
in a story I am working on the President makes such an awful
decision. Afterwards he takes a drug to wipe out his memory of having done so.

Keith