[ExI] Top ten dumbest remarks

Richard Loosemore rpwl at lightlink.com
Sun Oct 7 21:00:02 UTC 2007

John K Clark wrote:
> Stefano Vaj Wrote:
>

>> Let us say, however, that "some" kind of involvement, at "some" level,
>> seems much more likely a scenario than the opposite.
>
> As there is no rational reason or the smallest particle of evidence to
> believe in such a thing I can only conclude that you received this
> information from the Blessed Virgin in a dream, or perhaps it was
> miraculously spelled out in pepperonis in a pizza that you bought.

If this means what I think it means, the your comment puts you in the
same bracket as Samantha:  pretending that obvious evidence does not
exist is just as irrational as gullibly swallowing non-existent evidence.

It is quite easy to assemble a prima-facie case for *passive*
involvement:  that prima facie case simply involves the deliberate
avoidance of all efforts to counter a pending terrorist attack, in the
hope that the attack would get through and give the administration the
excuse it needed for implementing its policies.

This is what I assume Stefano meant by "passive involvement".  [Stefano:
correct me if I am wrong].

There was abundant evidence for that scenario, starting the early
position paper written by the Neo-Cons when Bush Senior was in power
(after reading their position paper, GHW Bush threw it in the trash in
front of a witness and dismissed the authors as lunatics).  That
position paper basically said that probably the only thing that would
allow the proposal to become a reality was the occurrence of a new
"Pearl Harbor".  Later, of course, there was the extraordinary and
mind-boogling go-slow on anti-terrorism activities that started when the
present administration first arrived in office, as documented in detail
by Richard Clarke and others.  The full extent of that go-slow has many
components to it, all interlocking into one chilling picture.

There does not need to be any suggestion that anyone knew any precise
details of the attacks.  No conspiracy to do anything at all (and
certainly not a conspiracy to blow anything up).  And no knowledge of
exactly what the attack would be.  Just a decision, at some level, that
they had to allow the widely expected big attack to get through.

The one piece of evidence that counts against this passive involvement
scenario is that the administration is so stupid at its highest level
that thinking that far ahead is impossible for it.  On balance, I think
it's fifty-fifty there.

If what you were intending, by your remark, John, was to attack some
more nefarious meaning of "passive involvement" for which there really
is no evidence, then I withdraw paragraph one, above.

Richard Loosemore