[ExI] Fascist America, in 10 Easy Steps

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 22:48:57 UTC 2007

On 10/6/07, Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:

> The highest levels of government... participated in stonewalling a full investigation
> for three years and then doing a tame investigation that avoided many issues
> and questions that are critical.

In this I unreservedly agree.  The 9/11 commission report is brazen,
transparent, insulting garbage.  The resistance to a post-event
investigation and the deceitfulness of the eventually coerced report
stand as a stark indictment of the entire political class.

Going from the 9/11 cover-up to the conclusion that the political
elite planned the whole thing, has a certain logical coherence   Plus
the political elite's proven capacity for evil (lying, stealing,
killing) is completely consistent with what would be required of them
to plan and execute the entire 9/11 atrocity.  Here is the crucial mix
that finally tips the balance and persuades otherwise reasonable
people to conclude (mistakenly; YMMV) that 9/11 was "an inside job".
This, plus a barrage of technical arguments which seem plausible, but
only if one lacks the technical sophistication to dispose of them.
(Other list members have already done that, so I needn't go into it.)

But look to the other side of the argument.  The 9/11 report, cover-up
that it was, was not about covering up a masterfully planned and
executed plot to subvert our republic and establish an empire, but
rather a garden variety procedural exercise in domestic political
damage control.  The elite needed to cover up the glaring fact that
the Bushcabal had at best, been asleep at the switch, at worst,
abandoned its post.  (LIke Bush in the Texas Air National Guard, off
somewhere, partying.)

But for me, there is the one factor above all others that weighs
against a "9/11 inside job": the issue of competence.  The Bushcabal
hasn't any.  Not in the real world.  Not in the world outside their
imagination.  They couldn't have pulled off 9/11 as an inside job if
they wanted to.   This is the gang that can't, shoot straight.  These
are people who have their heads up their backsides and think it's
nighttime.  Fueled by their ambition and blinded by the darkness that
comes with believing you're smarter than everyone else, they have
launched themselves beyond the surly bonds of reality.

And how is that?

They have but one area of competence.  They are the Guinness Book of
World Records champeen liars.  And that's saying something, because
lying is a very mainstream activity with many a skilled practitioner.
Getting to the top of that dung heap is no small accomplishment.
But the mastery of serial dishonesty has exacted its toll: a stark
disconnect from reality.  Believing your own echo chamber,
narcissistic, arrogant hogwash propels you past the boundaries of
reality.   Beyond which there be dragons,...the dragons of
incompetence.

--
Best, Jeff Davis

               "Everything's hard till you