[ExI] Fwd: New Article

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 09:45:00 UTC 2007

On 10/8/07, Sergio M.L. Tarrero <sergio.ml.tarrero at mac.com> wrote:
>  I guess, since the definition of homosexual is,
> pretty much, a man who likes men, romantically/sexually.

No. Actually, it means one that is sexually oriented towards
individuals of the same sex (here "homos" is Greek for "same", as in
"homogeneity" not Latin "homo, hominis" for "man"). One needs not be a
man, nor a human being for that matter. Nor it is necessary that a
homosexual actually like, romantically or otherwise, individuals of
the same sex - exactly as a perfectly heterosexual man can be a
mysoginist.

> If your claim is
> that there are no god or gods to be found anywhere, no clear evidence
> whatsoever for them, then you're a rationalist, or a realist, or
> whatever.

Dawkins and Dennett suggest the word "bright" to define their brand of
(non-)religious approach.

Stefano Vaj