[ExI] EP

nvitamore at austin.rr.com nvitamore at austin.rr.com
Tue Oct 9 17:01:09 UTC 2007

At 12:26 AM 10/9/2007, James Clement wrote:

>If the brain can be looked upon as a combination of interconnected
computers
>running many programs and subroutines, most of which are inherited from our
>reptile, mammal, and primate ancestors, what can we do to override or
>reprogram these?

This a topic of great interest to me.  The inherited reptilian program is
dangerous in many environments.  One decidedly noticeable environment is
when humans interface with machines, especially automobiles.  If you
sharpen your focus onto the body language and facial expression of drivers,
it is exceedingly apparent that they perform like tightly wound aggressors
vying for position, as if the urgency of their need entitles them to make
abrupt and savage behavior.

Of course it is necessary to have internal and external warning systems but
I think that humanity cannot overcome many of our current foibles unless
and until we manage the hyperemotional disarray our inheritance and enhance
our sensory awareness.

I remember back in the late 1960s when Maharishi suggested that if 10% of
humanity repeated a "Om" mantra, that there would be a rise in
consciousness for all.  I feel quite deeply that the consciousness of
humanity can only be raised if we engineer our brains.  More on this if
anyone is interested, but I think my paper "Wisdom through AGI / Neural
Macrosensing" says it fairly clearly.

Natasha