[ExI] Islamic extremism

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Wed Oct 10 03:55:21 UTC 2007

At 08:36 PM 10/9/2007 -0700, Keith wrote:

>Reducing child and infant
>mortality is a good thing only if accompanied by enough birth control
>to keep the population out of foreseeing a "bleak future," i.e., the
>population growth stays below the economic growth.

All this is so, but don't neglect the sociological level. Women have
to *want* to restrict their fertility and be *able* to bring suitable
pressures to bear, and men need an incentive to allow them to rather
than kicking their teeth out immediately. I have the impression that
all the hotbeds of this insanity are either snookered out of the
global economy--or depend on tearing out raw resources, in which case
big swinging dick gynophobes rule the roost *because they can*--the
nation's wealth doesn't depend on having as many smart humans as
possible being productive economic players.

Damien Broderick