[ExI] pentagon wants orbiting solar power stations

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 02:21:24 UTC 2007

On 10/16/07, David Lubkin <extropy at unreasonable.com> wrote:

> I am surprised that none of the tech rich who are putting
> money in space are talking about asteroids. Maybe (he hoped) they're
> working on it, but quietly.

Or maybe they just don't think it's a reality-based project.  To be
tech rich might imply feet firmly on the ground.

Also, what kind of profitability are we talking about here?  What kind
of Stuff do you go after first?  Surely it's got to be something more
valuable that a hunk of iron/nickel.  You know, something like  gold,
platinum, palladium, tungsten.  With all that stuff broken up into
chunks, what exactly would be considered "the motherload"?

Best, Jeff Davis

   "Everything's hard till you know how to do it."
                           Ray Charles