[ExI] abandoning hope

Sergio M.L. Tarrero sergio.ml.tarrero at mac.com
Tue Oct 30 08:10:14 UTC 2007

On Oct 30, 2007, at 6:37 AM, Amara Graps wrote:

>> The fun thing is that when Amara moved to Italy a few years ago I
>> told
>> her that this sentence, written in capital letters, appears on the
>> exit door of the airport for those who enter Italy.
>
> It should be also for those who are desperate to leave Italy.
>
> Monday (yesterday morning at 9:30) my wallet was stolen at a major
> Rome bus terminal / metro stop.
>
> All passports, identity cards, permits, credit cards (but one), bank
> cards, drivers licenses, ... two weeks before I make an international
> move (that's _why_ I'm carrying all of that, I'm closing out all of my
> accounts, visiting bureaucratic offices, making reservations, plans
> and
> so on.)

Very sorry to hear, Amara. That sucks. Just what you needed before
such a major move. What a nightmare. That'll leave a nasty
aftertaste, as the one major event which capped all that you've told
us which you have endured there for years (comparatively, the Story
of a Box is not so bad).

My best wishes for a rapid recovery of your life.

--
Sergio